101 Secrets For Your Twenties by Paul Angone


I don't have many of these inspiring, helpful books on my shelf but this is one that I refer to whenever I feel like I'm going through times where I need solid advice. There are "secrets" in here that everyone can relate to, not just people in their twenties. I've mentioned this book to a few friends, but I felt the need to write about it today since I opened it earlier and felt enlightened again! Haha, sounds like magic. I guess you would have to read it for yourself to really understand, but this guy gives good tips for surviving your twenties because none of us really knows what we're doing during this stage in our lives. Paul Angone has many funny analogies that goes along with his tips too, so this book is anything but boring. Some of the tips that I have found particularly helpful for me were:

#6 Life will never feel like it's supposed to.
If we're always trying to live like we're "supposed to," we're never going to truly live.

#63 Breaking up is like a fire. It destroys. A lot. But sometimes it's beneficial and necessary, like a farmer taking a field overgrown with weeds and setting it ablaze.

You're going to have to read it to find out the rest. I recommend this to anybody, especially students graduating college soon! I'm definitely going to be gifting this to some people because it's just that magnificent.


CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I took a look at the book on amazon, and I find to be very down to earth, not overly preachy. I think it is so true that "the possibility for greatness and embarrassment both exist in the same space. If you're not willing to be embarrassed, you're probably not willing to be great". It reminds me of what our photography professor would always say: "STEP OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE AND YOU WILL TAKE AMAZING PICTURES"! But a lot more elegant and a lot more purposeful. Added to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete