Pay Attention to Names.

If there's one thing that people acknowledge, it's when you remember their name and call them by their name. It establishes a relationship because you are not only taking the time to remember that person's name, but you are also urging them to remember yours. I did this with a woman who I'll be working with in the future who didn't seem to know anyone else in the class, and instantly she became friendly with me. She turned out to be extremely sweet and gave me a piece of paper with quotes she wrote on it because I had told her about my future endeavors. Never have I felt so appreciated by someone I had just met, even if it was just a piece of paper with inspiring quotes on it.


"Some succeed because they are destined to; most succeed because they are determined to." - Anatole Fance

"Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it." - Bill Cosby

"Tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." - Malcolm X

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment