She Was Right.

I was probably about six years old and sitting in the backseat of the car while my mom was driving back home in the evening. I looked out the window as I was asking her a myriad of questions about how life works. I asked her why dad has to go to work, and what he needs money for, where the money comes from etc.- simple annoying questions that little kids like to ask. After trying to answer all of my questions, my mom said what she usually says when she doesn't feel like explaining: "You'll understand when you're older." I responded by saying that I wish I was a grown-up so I could understand what all of this stuff was that grown-ups apparently knew more than kids. She just chuckled and said, "When you get older you're going to wish you were a kid again, so don't rush growing up." It's the piece of advice that I've kept close to me to this day, because even at six years old I had a feeling she would be right.

And she was. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment