Books on Books


I was feeling a bit adventurous today so I walked into a local bookstore that I have never been in before. As much as I love bookstores, I actually have never been to a locally owned bookstore before. I usually go to chain stores to get what I need if I don't feel like ordering online. But today, I probably stumbled into the best place ever. The atmosphere was so calming, with the smell of musty books waiting to be opened. Regular customers chatted with the store owner as others sifted through vinyl records. There were handwritten signs for each section and creaky floors. There was just so much character in this bookstore, it was so awesome. I bought two books, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (already read the book but wanted to own a copy) and Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I got both at a cheaper price than what I would have paid for one book at Barnes and Noble, so I came out super happy. I didn't really have much time to choose more books, although I could have easily spent hours in there. I can't wait to explore the rest of it next time because there is still a whole downstairs music section that I haven't gone through yet. :)





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment