Update

Whenever I read books, I like to highlight my favorite quotes and moments. Winter break is my time to start reading again because my to-read list is getting excessively long and I'm excited to start slowly shortening it. So with that said, excuse my geekyness as I share two of the quotes that I loved from the book that I recently finished, Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. 

"What are you so sad about?...We're going to know him for the rest of our lives."

"I remember love. It's what I have to keep on reminding myself. It's funny how you can forget everything except people loving you. Maybe that's why humans find it so hard getting over love affairs. It's not the pain they're getting over, it's the love."

I hope everyone's having a lovely Christmas Eve, I'm spending mine with my family in Georgia. It's a bit of an inconvenience to not have internet at my grandma's house so I have to go over to my aunt's house for it, but it's all right because I enjoy the extra family time. My grandma always loves when her favorite grandchildren come to visit her, so there's no complaints from her. I have caught my grandma trying to be sneaky and checking up on us through the doors of our rooms because she seems to be afraid that we might suddenly disappear if she doesn't keep her eye on us! She's definitely a character, haha.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed reading. Thanks for the reminder to why it is so fun to do. I'll be sure hit up on a few books this winter break!
    Happy holidays and enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete